It seems so unfair, doesn’t it, that some women seem to get pregnant at the drop of a hat, while others struggle for years? It can be heart-breaking. IVF is no easy ride and has no guarantees. As many as one in every three couples struggle to conceive. And don’t assume it’s just a women’s issue – infertility can affect men and women equally.
When you decide it’s time to try for a baby, there are things you should do to maximise the chance of conception and also to pave the way for a healthy pregnancy:
- Achieve a healthy BMI.
- Stop smoking.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Aim to keep blood sugars balanced.
- Try to avoid stress.
- Try to get quality sleep.
- Start taking supplements – the ARR has a list of recommended ones which you will receive at your consultation meeting.
- Cut down on caffeine.
- Avoid alcohol.
It’s best to do everything you possibly can to give yourself the best chance to conceive, and the best start to a pregnancy.
Give Yourself a Chance
Reflexology can promote deep relaxation and feelings of wellbeing – reducing stress is crucial to good health. The treatment involves massage to these points and areas, and in Reproflexology, that could be the ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus, or the pituitary gland. When treating the father-to-be this could include the testes and vas deferens.
Reproflexology by Numbers
The Association of Reproductive Reflexologists undertook a data collection study of 180 clients, who were receiving reproductive reflexology whilst trying to conceive. Results were as follows:
- 100 natural conceptions
- 22 conceptions with IVF/ICSI
- Age range 24-46
- Average number of treatments, 11.32
- 68% conceived while receiving treatments
- Pregnancy with IVF/ICSI 52%
Fertility reflexology is for men as well as women. Both partners should undergo fertility testing before starting treatment and should attend the initial consultation together.
Before your treatment starts, we’ll talk about your medical and gynaecological history and any previous pregnancy experiences. I’ll ask about your lifestyle, diet, sleep patterns, energy and fitness levels. When you’re happy that fertility reflexology is right for you, we’ll plan your course of reflexology treatments. Reproflexology Clinics are available in the following settings, each with calming and airy treatment rooms and free parking:
- Cheshire Natural Health, Beehive House, Tarporley Rd, Stretton, Warrington, WA4 4ND.Wednesday 2.00pm – 8.00pm and Thursday 9.30am – 3.00pm.
- The Bump and Baby Hideout, 196 Dane Road, Sale, Cheshire, M33 2LG. Monday 1.30pm to 5.30pm.
- Bramhall Osteopathic Practice, 57 Woodford Road, Bramhall, Cheshire, SK7 1JR, Tuesdays.
Full details can be found here: https://relaxingreflexology.com/contact
I am a qualified practitioner in Seren Natural Fertility, trained by the renowned reflexology fertility and holistic fertility expert Barbara Scott. Seren specialises in the treatment of infertility, particularly for couples undergoing assisted fertility treatments such as IUI and IVF/ICSI*. When you choose to work with me, you get so much more than your Reproflexology sessions, including:
- Daily support and advice via WhatsApp.
- Checking hormone levels and ovulation progress through temperature charting
- Hand reflexology exercises as homework between sessions
Whatever your reasons for trying reproflexology, I’m with you every step of the way. Pun intended.
Written by Zoë Oughton, Relaxing Reflexology